Adopt a Pet
Everyday, hundreds of loving dogs and cats are available for adoption at the Animal Services Shelter. Adopting a shelter pet saves a life and is very rewarding. Find your furry friend, today!
You can search for a pet online or go to the shelter. View descriptions and pictures of animals that are currently at our shelter.
Adoption fees for puppies and kittens under 4 months old include de-worming, puppy tags, FeLV (Feline Leukemia Virus) and Feline Immunodeficiency Virus (FIV) tests for cats, first set of vaccines and microchip.
Learn all the requirement in order to adopt a pet.
Adopted Pet Returns
Adopted animals may be returned to the shelter for a refund or exchange within 30 days if the animal has a medical condition that was not disclosed at the time of adoption and the condition is confirmed in a written evaluation by a certified veterinarian.
In an effort to give shelter pets a loving home, Miami-Dade Animal Services offers two foster programs:
- The Foster Parent Program
- The Foster to Adopt Program
Pet of the Week
Adoption fee includes: spay/neuter, booster and rabies vaccinations, deworming, microchip and registration. To learn more about the pet of the week, call us Monday through Saturday at 305-884-1101, or visit us at the shelter, open Monday through Sunday. You can also e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Steps to Adopt a Pet
- Please come to the shelter in person to meet our available pets.
- Due to health and temperament evaluations, you may not be able to interact with some pets during your visit.
- Date of adoption depends on stray hold period as well as spay/neuter status.
- Your pet may qualify for the Foster to Adopt Program, please click here to learn more about this option.
- Some pets at the shelter may be part of the our rescue or relocation and adoption programs and not available for adoption. Thanks to these programs, more than 6,000 pets were saved last year.
Pet of the Week
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.