Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Emergency Operations Center has been activated and is closely monitoring Erika. For any updates about County facilities and services, please visit: http://www.miamidade.gov/emergency
Lost & Found
Animal Services provides Lost and Found services to the public. Visit the shelter or call 3-1-1 to report your lost pet. In the unfortunate event that you do not find your pet, please close your pet's account.
If you lost a pet
- Search PetHarbor for photos of your pet every day. Remember to register your pet's breed with Pet Harbor.
- Post your pet on Finding Rover, a free mobile app that helps pet owners find their lost dogs in real-time using facial recognition technology.
- Make sure to provide ''Lost Pet'' color flyers with your contact information and the description of your lost pet. These will be placed throughout the shelter to assist you in your search.
- Visit the shelter on a daily basis. Our shelter receives over 100 dogs and cats daily. Dogs over 6 months of age are held for 5 days as per County Ordinance.
- Animal Services employees will be available to help you search in all areas of the facility.
- Check for pictures of pets on the "Found" bulletin board and "Stray Pets in Medical Foster Care" located in the main lobby.
- Animal Services also maintains a daily deceased pet log. Although it is difficult, please make sure to check as it will give you and your family closure.
If you find a stray dog
Stray dogs can be brought to the Miami-Dade Animal Services Shelter.
Register and post a photo of the found pet on Finding Rover, a free mobile app that helps pet owners who are users of the app find their lost dogs in real-time using facial recognition technology.
To place a found pet ad, you may contact The Miami Herald Newspaper at 305-350-2222 or fax: 305-995-8110. "Found Pet" ads are free.
For El Nuevo Herald (Spanish language) newspaper, call 305-350-2345.
Redemption fee for lost pets
There is a redemption fee for lost pets found by Animal Services. Review the fee schedule for applicable fees. Owners must bring their pet's rabies certificate to pick up their pet. If the rabies certificate is not available, the pet will not be released until the rabies shot is obtained.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.