Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Emergency Operations Center has been activated and is closely monitoring Erika. For any updates about County facilities and services, please visit: http://www.miamidade.gov/emergency
Veterinary Clinics & Pet Dealers Licensing
The One-Year Rabies Tag, at $27 for a sterilized dog and $55 for an intact dog is not changing. Dog owners may chose to continue to purchase a tag each year.
- License expiration date will coincide with the one year vaccine expiration date regardless of license purchase date.
The Three-Year Tag is gold and can only be purchased at the time the three year vaccine is given. Stations that do not administer the 3-year vaccine are not required to carry the Three-Year Tag. As such, you may return the box the tags to our office. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange for its pickup. The tag number is prefixed with the letter "T." The cost is three times the fee of the One-Year Tag for a total of $81 for a sterilized dog and $165 for an intact dog.
Tags request may be submitted via email at email@example.com, phone 305-418-7139 or fax 305-805-1591. Tag order via email is a service only available for veterinary clinics who receive their orders in bulk. Pet owners must purchase their dog license at vet office, by mail or in person at the main animal shelter.
Upon receiving your order, please make sure to verify the information on your consignment form matches the items delivered. A five-day window is provided to report any shortage. After the 5-day period, missing tags will be invoiced at the full value they represent. The fee will only be waived if it is accompanied by a police report noting theft of inventory.
The following information must be included on the rabies certificate:
- specific age of the animal (not a range)
- breed name (can not be listed as mixed, i.e. Shepherd Mix, Doberman Mix, or Canine)
- color (can not be listed as mixed/specify black & tan)
- issue and expiration date of the rabies vaccine
- vaccine manufacturer and vile serial number
- date license was issued (if different from vaccine issuance date)
- whether the pet is sterilized or not
- fee charged for license
- pet name
- owner name
- mailing address; P.O. Box not accepted
- phone number
It is essential that this information is recorded accurately. This information is vital in the reunification of lost pets with their owners, ensures accurate pet account information, prevents duplicate accounts and erroneous citations from being issued and mailed to compliant and responsible pet owners.
Pet Death Certificate
- Death certificates are not to be mailed or faxed. For more information please call 3-1-1.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.