Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- What do I do with the application I received in the mail?
- Where can I receive help in completing this application?
- If I mail the application, how do I know that you received it?
- I can't come down to your office. What do I do?
- I'm a senior, I didn't receive an application. What should I do?
- We both are seniors, can we both apply?
- Can I file a late application for Homestead and other exemptions?
- Do you have the information in Spanish?
- Do you have the information in Creole?
If you meet the qualifications, complete the form and mail it to the address listed.
You can get help at any of the Property Appraisal offices. The main office of the Property Appraisal Department is at 111 N.W. First Street, Suite 710, and the South Dade office is at 10710 S.W. 211th Street, 2nd Floor. If you need additional help, please call 305-375-4125.
It is not necessary that you come to our office to apply. You may mail the application back with the enclosed envelope if you received one by mail. If you need a blank application click here. Mail the application back to:
Miami-Dade County Property Appraiser
PO BOX 013140
Miami, FL 33101
You can download a printable version by clicking here, or we will be glad to mail you one. Please call the Property Appraiser's Office at 305-375-4125.
Only one needs to apply, but all members of the household must include their income and social security numbers.
You can file a late property tax exemption application starting March 2 until the expiration on your August Notice, which is on or before September 20. You must also file a petition and pay $15 to the Value Adjustment Board. To file a late application you must file in person at 111 NW First Street Suite 710.
Instructions and requirements are available in Spanish
Instructions and requirements are available in Creole