Corporate Discount Program
Miami-Dade Transit's Corporate Discount Program (CDP) allows participants to save on commuting costs through group discounts and pre-tax savings by obtaining monthly public transportation through a tax deduction from their employer under IRS Code 132(f). It allows employees to pay for their transit rides using pre-tax dollars -- up to $245 per month ($2,940 per year).
The CDP provides 1-Month transit passes on EASY Cards, good for a month of unlimited rides on Metrobus and Metrorail (Metromover is free to everyone).
The EASY Card is automatically reloaded every month with a 1-Month pass as long as the employee remains enrolled in the program. Participants who take Metrorail can save even more by also purchasing their $10 monthly Metrorail parking permit with pre-tax dollars.
- Group Discounts
- Three Ways to Participate
- Sign up and Enjoy the Benefits!
- New Corporate Discount Program Card a Hit!
Public and Private Companies
More than 190 employers in Miami-Dade County offer this great benefit to their employees, including the University of Miami, Baptist Health Trust, Intercontinental Hotel, and Jackson Memorial Hospital. Over 9000 employees are now enrolled in MDT's Corporate Discount Program.
Back to Top
Enjoy group discounts of up to 15% off the regular cost and additional pre-tax savings through payroll deductions. The regular price of a 1-Month pass on an EASY Card is $100 per month. But through the Corporate Discount Program, groups of four to 99 employees are eligible to purchase passes for $90. Groups of 100 or more pay only $85 per monthly pass.
Back to Top
Three Ways to Participate
The employee pays for the entire cost of monthly transit with pre-tax/set-aside dollars of their salary.
- There is no income tax on these set-aside dollars. So it's a tax-free transit benefit that employees can obtain through their employers.
- The set-aside dollar amount is also reflected as a reduction of taxable salary, so employees pay less income tax.
The employer pays for the entire cost of monthly transit through a tax-deductible subsidy.
- The employer receives an equivalent federal income tax deduction.
- Employees do not have to report this option as taxable income because it is considered a fringe benefit.
The employer and employee share the cost of monthly transit, both paying for it with pre-tax dollars.
- The employer saves on payroll taxes; the employee doesn't pay income tax on the set-aside dollar amount - A win-win situation!
Back to Top
Sign up and Enjoy the Benefits!
To sign up call Miami-Dade Transit at 786-469-5402 and speak with our Corporate Sales Representative, weekdays, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Income tax savings
- Monthly transit group discount
- Savings on commuting costs
- Stress-free commute
- Free emergency taxi rides home*
- EASY Card protected against loss or theft
*Six Free Emergency Taxi Rides
Transit riders can get up to six free taxi rides a year by registering with the Emergency Ride Home Program (ERH), available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. (Valid only during a personal/family emergency, or if one is required to work unscheduled overtime. For more information, or to request a registration form, call 1-800-234-RIDE.)
- Savings on payroll taxes and/or tax deductions
- Employee recruitment and retention enhancement
- Improved productivity
- Additional benefits include more parking spaces for customers, less car congestion around businesses, and more savings on commuting costs for employees.
- Corporate Discount Program Brochure (1.92 MB)
Back to Top
New Corporate Discount Program Card a Hit!
MDT’s Corporate Discount Program participants were eager to stand out among a sea of green EASY Cards. They wanted a distinct look, something that would easily identify them as CDP members when riding transit. The solution was an elegant, black EASY Card with “Corporate Discount Program” emblazoned on the back!
The Rubenstein Law Firm (pictured above) joined the program effective February 1, 2013 and was the first company to receive the slick, new EASY Cards. Eight of their employees now participate in the CDP.
“We chose the color black to denote professionalism and elegance,” said CDP Program Manager, Victoria Elliott. “Members are very impressed with the new cards, which designate their status as CDP members much more visibly.”
Organizations with four or more employees are eligible to participate in the Corporate Discount Program. Companies who have between four and 99 employees receive a 10% discount on the monthly EASY Card (they pay $90 instead of the regular price of $100). Companies with more than 99 employees can save 15% -- they pay just $85 for a monthly pass.
From left to right:
Meranda Reifschneider, Denise Booker, Office Manager, Robert Rubenstein, President, Gabby Torres, Natalia Botero, Daniela Gomez, Alberto Sabater and Victoria Elliott, CDP Program Manager
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.