As we continue our recovery and cleanup efforts, please visit the Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
Miami-Dade Transit's Corporate Discount Program (CDP) allows participants to save on commuting costs through group discounts and pre-tax savings by obtaining monthly public transportation through a tax deduction from their employer under IRS Code 132(f). It allows employees to pay for their transit rides using pre-tax dollars -- up to $255 per month ($3,060 per year).
The CDP provides 1-Month transit passes on EASY Cards, good for a month of unlimited rides on Metrobus and Metrorail (Metromover is free to everyone).
The EASY Card is automatically reloaded every month with a 1-Month pass as long as the employee remains enrolled in the program. Participants who take Metrorail can save even more by also purchasing their $11.25 monthly Metrorail parking permit with pre-tax dollars.
Public and Private Companies
More than 190 employers in Miami-Dade County offer this great benefit to their employees, including the University of Miami, Baptist Health Trust, Intercontinental Hotel, and Jackson Memorial Hospital. Over 9000 employees are now enrolled in MDT's Corporate Discount Program.
Interested companies must be authorized to conduct business in the State of Florida and their Corporate Filings must be current with the Florida Department of State, Division of Corporations - www.sunbiz.org. A W-9 Form must be provided and its information, including the tax-identification number, must match the filing at www.sunbiz.org.Back to Top
Enjoy group discounts of up to 15% off the regular cost and additional pre-tax savings through payroll deductions. The regular price of a 1-Month pass on an EASY Card is $112.50 per month. But through the Corporate Discount Program, groups of four to 99 employees are eligible to purchase passes for $101.25. Groups of 100 or more pay only $95.65 per monthly pass.Back to Top
Three Ways to Participate
The employee pays for the entire cost of monthly transit with pre-tax/set-aside dollars of their salary.
- There is no income tax on these set-aside dollars. So it's a tax-free transit benefit that employees can obtain through their employers.
- The set-aside dollar amount is also reflected as a reduction of taxable salary, so employees pay less income tax.
The employer pays for the entire cost of monthly transit through a tax-deductible subsidy.
- The employer receives an equivalent federal income tax deduction.
- Employees do not have to report this option as taxable income because it is considered a fringe benefit.
The employer and employee share the cost of monthly transit, both paying for it with pre-tax dollars.
- The employer saves on payroll taxes; the employee doesn't pay income tax on the set-aside dollar amount - A win-win situation!
Back to Top
Sign up and Enjoy the Benefits!
To sign up or for more information email email@example.com.
- Income tax savings
- Monthly transit group discount
- Savings on commuting costs
- Stress-free commute
- Free emergency taxi rides home*
- EASY Card protected against loss or theft
*Six Free Emergency Taxi Rides
Transit riders can get up to six free taxi rides a year by registering with the Emergency Ride Home Program (ERH), available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. (Valid only during a personal/family emergency, or if one is required to work unscheduled overtime. For more information, or to request a registration form, call 1-800-234-RIDE.)
- Savings on payroll taxes and/or tax deductions
- Employee recruitment and retention enhancement
- Improved productivity
- Additional benefits include more parking spaces for customers, less car congestion around businesses, and more savings on commuting costs for employees.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.